by Olivia O Leary D.C BSc Hons
Learn simple tips to keep your back happy and healthy.
Up to 90 percent of the Irish population will suffer back pain at some point in their lives. A little preventive effort could go a long way to reducing your chances of suffering from debilitating back pain.The team at Gorey Family Chiropractic provide comprehensive care and education concerning the back, muscles, nerves and joints allowing you to enjoy life to the fullest.
These nerves, muscles and ligaments from your spine provide support to your entire body, which is why a healthy back is so important to your overall health & wellbeing.
5 spine-healthy tips
1. Practice good posture by standing, walking, sitting, lifting and lying in positions where the least strain is placed on supporting muscles and ligaments.
2. Maintain a weight that is appropriate for your height and frame.
3. Take part in strength, stretch and aerobic programs to improve your fitness level, make you more resistant to injury, and speed recovery if you are injured.
4. Wear shoes that are well balanced, flexible and comfortable or supplement your shoes with custom made Orthotics to improve alignment from the feet up if your arches are fallen.
5. Stop smoking, as smokers experience more spine pain and heal more slowly.
Gorey Family Chiropractic; Here to Support your Recovery
Feel free to contact our Gorey Family Chiropractic Clinical Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 053 94 83338 if you are an existing patient with any questions or if you are a new patient with neck, low back pain, sciatica or disc problems seeking diagnosis and treatment.
For your convenience all our clinical team is registered with VHI, Glo, Aviva and Laya Healthcare allowing clients of Gorey Family Chiropractic to claim reimbursement from a wide range of Private Health Insurers. We are also covered under the GAA Injury Scheme.